Wednesday 4 May 2011

I'm still here!

I have been on holiday for a couple of weeks and thus not been able to blog. I was mostly ill whilst on holiday, sadly, but managed to do some cooking. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of what I made. I did however take pictures of yesterday's meal at home and my lunch today.

This is a paneer and pepper curry from Anjum Anand's 'I love curry'. I loved it, Miss 1 ate it though found it spicy, Master 10 ate it reluctantly (1: Where's the meat and 2: I already had curry at school) and hubby liked it (though..how come you didn't make palak paneer??). I served it with naan and a salad.




For lunch today Miss 1 and myself had the Corsican Omelette from Nigella Lawson's 'Forever Summer'. I am generally not too keen on omelettes.. they are so...eggy! But this one was lovely, with mint and feta cheese (should have been chevre, but didnt have any). Served with rocket, tomatoes and avocado with a drizzle of lemon oil and sea salt.









Attention sourdough bakers! I had a go at making sourdough during my holiday, but faced two problems:


1) It turned out like a brick

2) Too sour


What to do?






1 comment:

  1. Your paneer curry looks scrumptious. As for the sourdough, can't help you on the brick front as I only make rye which is quite a heave bread anyway. But the level of sourness is usually down to how long you prove the bread before baking or how long you had the sponge going for or how long you left your starter before refreshing it. If I make bread every week, it's not sour, if I leave it for two it's a bit sour and if I leave the starter for three weeks it's sourer again - hope that makes some kind of sense.

    ReplyDelete